Wednesday 16 April 2008

LEASURE


This subject can be linked with favourite activity outdoors. So, bring some pictures of the touristic attractions in your city and their names.

E.g:

Coast, Beach, Cliff, Mountain, Village, Harbour, Park, Building, Museum, Statue, etc...

You start a quick recap with the question:

T:What is your favourite activity?
S1:My favourite activity is walking.
S2:My favourite activity is travelling.
S3:My favourite activity is visiting museums.

T:What can you see in a museum?
S1:I can see pictures.
S2:I can see old objects.
S3:I can learn about history.

T:Very good! So, now...in pairs, match the pictures and names and prepare 3 sentences about them.

Eg: The coast is beautiful.

The village is small.

The museum is big.

The building is high.

The cliff is dangerous.

The beach is peaceful.

Introduce a variety of adjectives to describe a place:- busy, gorgeous, nice, quiet, lovely, modern, old, ancient, cold, hot, etc...

Ask questions:

T:Is the village noisy?

Is the beach dirty?

Is the city calm?

S: Yes, it is.
No, it isn't.

To conclude, ask the participants to describe their home place.

E.g: I live in Colliston. Colliston is a small and noisy village.

I live at the beach. It is calm and beautiful.

I live in the mountain. It is high, quiet and gorgeous.

No comments: