Saturday 24 November 2007

BILINGUAL SUPPORT

I would like to start writing down all the experiences I have had at schools in Scotland as a bilingual teacher support.

I have developed my own material and activities to work the English language with the pupils, and I am very happy with the result.

When I worked the activity "PIZZA", I found out that 2 of them didn't know what it was. It has just confirmed that English teaching is an exchange of cultural knowledge. I had the chance to bring them a taste of a delicious meal that is eaten "almost" every where, but in Indian and in Thailand, these 2 kids hadn't tried it yet. I don't need to tell you that when they went to the supermarket after that day, they not only saw it, but bought and ate pizza for the first time.

I hope I can bring them all the new and good for their future as human being.

No comments: