Tuesday 6 October 2009

ESOL ACTIVITY 1

Unit 1: Introduction

Countries - Nationalities

Latvia - Latvian
Poland - Polish
Russia - Russian
Czech Republic - Czech
Scotland - Scottish
England - English
Estonia - Estonian
Hungary - Hungarian
Ireland - Irish
Lithuania - Lithuanian
Portugal - Portuguese
Brazil - Brazilian
Slovakia - Slovakian


A- Practise the nationalities:

Where are from?
I’m from Scotland.
What is your nationality?
I’m Scottish.

B- Act Out:

Student A: Hello!
Student B: Hello!
Student A: What is your name?
Student B: My name is Scot.
Student A: Nice to meet you. I’m Justina.
Student B: Nice to meet you too. Where are you from Scot?
Student A: I’m from Scotland. I’m Scottish, and you?
Student B: I’m from Lithuania. I’m Lithuanian.
Student A: You are welcome to our ESOL lessons.
Student B: Thank you.


Expressions:
Glad to meet you!
Glad to meet you too!

Please to meet you!
Please to meet you too!

Contraction : I am = I’m

No comments: